Claim Online – No Up Front Fees
If you have suffered an accident or injury through no fault of your own, our experienced teams at Mercury Legal are ready to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
We are often asked exactly what no win no fee means, under new legislation introduced in 2013 the way that no win no fee cases are funded and paid for has changed but two fundamental things remain the same:
Mercury Legal will not ask you to pay any money whatsoever upfront when we accept your case or when we are running your claim – we will fund all aspects of the case. Also you will not be asked to pay any money to anyone if your case is unsuccessful through no fault of your own.
The rules for ‘no win no fee’ have changed
Under the 2013 rules, once your claim is settled successfully your award of compensation will be increased by 10% to reflect the fact that you may have to make a contribution to towards our legal costs. Depending upon what we agree with you at the outset of your case – after taking into account a number of risk factors and your prospects of success – you may be asked to pay up to a maximum of 25% of your damages towards our legal costs and expenses. We stress that this only becomes payable if you are successful and once you have received your award.
Of course, despite our best efforts not all cases are successful for a number of different reasons and you may ask what happens to the solicitors fees and other legal costs when such a situation arises. If your claim is unsuccessful, through no fault of your own, you will not have to pay anything. Our highly experienced personal injury solicitors will take out an insurance policy if appropriate (known as an after the event policy) and this coupled with legal protection known as qualified one way cost shifting means that you will never be asked to pay anything to anyone is you lose. The insurance policy and the protection given by costs shifting are provided at no cost to you.
No win no fee is very straight forward term but if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. To start your claim today simply follow the steps below:
1. Contact Mercury Legal by filling in our ‘claim now’ claim form, requesting a call back form, or asking us a question
2. A member of our friendly team will contact you at the time you have requested to take further details and answer any question you may have.
3. Your details will then be assessed and if accepted your case will be started on a no win no fee basis (conditional fee agreement). We will arrange for an insurance policy to be taken out if appropriate which will cover the costs if your case is unsuccessful (at no cost to you).
4. We will run your case, keeping you fully informed of all progress.
5. If your case is unsuccessful through no fault of your own you pay nothing whatsoever to any party.
6. if your case is successful your damages will be increased by an additional 10% and you may be asked to contribute toward our legal bill up to a maximum of 25% of your award.
No win no fee is there to protect victims of personal injury and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve and are not put off making a claim by the thought of having to pay legal costs. You pay nothing up front and if you do not win, you do not pay.